~~We LOVE The Gospel Of Jesus Christ~~

______________________________________________

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tender Mercies of Comfort From Make A Difference Day

                                   
                                      

Dear Caleb,

We enjoyed serving with you on This Make A Difference Day this year.
As we received each package that came, smiles and joys were brought to our faces and filled our home.
It was so beautiful to see these packages with your name on them. It brought many tears to my eyes and filled my heart with so much love, because we can not give you gifts and packages, but we were able to give and deliver these 70 plus bears to other children in need at the Seattle Children's Hospital. It was a very special experience, which we were grateful to be given to accomplish for you and with you.

Our 24th and 25th this year was extra emotional for we flew out to be with very special friends from Nebraska. We have so much love for this family; we spent Thanksgiving with them, had a few game nights together, enjoyed their company at church and activities... It was one of the very few homes that you never complained to go when I did my visiting teaching because you enjoyed being there and playing with their children.

Their Dad almost always seemed to be home, and I always thought that we were interfering with family time but they were always so gracious to let us in. I now know that this was there gift to have that time to be together, to build those earthy memories, for Heavenly Father knew what the future had yet to reveal. After our accident he was diagnosed with an extremely aggressive illness and our hearts were instantly drawn towards each other. We were both fighting deep grief, and here we are still in this same battle together.  He is serving with you on this extended mission way from his family also. Seeing their family was such a tender moment. I could feel their broken hearts. I could feel their grief. There was a very familiar heaviness that I remember that I had first felt after the accident. Grandma said it's because we have become acquainted with grief. Once you have felt it, there is no way to ignore it's familiarities. It pulls you in, and allows the broken hearts to connect with each other, to communicate on a deep level then you ever could have before.

It hurt me to watch this family ache from loss, because I knew that I could not do anything about it. No words, no things, no anything could take away that bitter sting they were and are feeling... except for that one, our Savior Jesus Christ. How I wanted to take that pain away from them, to take their broken hearts, so they could smile again... because we are already there and know the ache. It's easier for me to handle my own grief and pain because it's mine and I can go at the pace I need to carry it, but to watch my friends, that pained my heart. But from this unfun, unpleasant experience brought about so much knowledge and understanding to them creating and molding them into such admirable individuals. They were so in my eyes from the begin, but now, wow there are no words to describe what the Lord has done. They have learned to become strong, it wasn't something that just was given from day one, they did it together to FIND their strength. And that ultimate strength as we have learned only comes through Christ and his blessings through his atoning sacrifice, making it possible for us to be made clean and to return to our Father in Heaven.

Our Make A Difference Day was taken to a much higher level this year. It's a day to honor loved ones, special and dear friends. We are determined to serve ever more valiantly so that not only will we be able to reunite with you, but our friends will be able to reunite with their daddy as well. Our two families are so determined to serve with you and their Daddy with such strong conviction to help prepare the way for the Second Coming of our Savior Jesus Christ, because he will be bringing the healing in his wings to mend our tender broken hearts

What would we do without our friends that stand by us? That feel on deep levels to connect with our broken hearts? It is just another way that the Lord gives in helping us see his hands, in blessing us with friends that know and feel. How are hearts are very grateful and thankful for his promises.

Love You Caleb,
=)Love Your Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tanya, I didn't know them that well, but my heart broke when I heard the news of his passing. So glad you were able to collect all those teddy bears and bring a smile to the children's faces there at the hospital. I can never say enough how amazing you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Caleb boy,
    Did you know what a great writer your mommy was? She has an amazing way with words, and can express herself and her feelings so well through her writing. She is so talented!
    I know she misses you so much, more than any of us can understand. But I do know that she will see you again. And until that day she will continue to grow in her faith. She will follow the example of others, like Holly, sho follow Jesus Christ. She will continue to be a wonderful mommy to your sisters and brother. Until that day when you can all be together again.
    We love you and miss you Caleb boy. Thank you for looking out for our fmaily.
    xo- the drapers

    ReplyDelete