~~We LOVE The Gospel Of Jesus Christ~~

______________________________________________

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Make A Difference Day

To All Our Family And Friends,

We are requesting your help in our 1st Annual Make a Difference Day on Aug 24-25. Our Goal to is to get as many people as we can to help make this Tragic, unfun day; into a purpose and reason to be happy. By making a difference with us, as we make memories with Caleb on his Angel Date. With him serving and working hard on the other side of the veil, this is our chance to help in his great efforts to build and strengthen Zion here. We would love for you to share your accomplishments on how you were able to "Make a Difference," on here on Caleb's blog. Please email us your address and we will like to send you a little something from our family for Caleb to say, "Thank You." Or you can leave it with your post. In case you are thinking I would love to do something but I don't know what to do? Here are some ideas for you, to help do something to make this world a better place:

Give someone the benefit of the doubt,
Smile when you get cut off in traffic instead of cursing,
Let someone go in front of you in the line,
Pay for someones meal behind you in line,
Hold the door open for someone,
Send off special letters or packages anonymously to someone who needs a special cheer,
Visit a nursing home and sing them some songs,
Donate money or time to a special charity cause,
Sign up for a charity marathon or just go to help out,
Make a personal goal to work on something to be a better person,
Call up an old friend to see how they are doing,
Write that letter to that long lost friend or family member that you have been meaning to do for sometime now,
Call a children's hospital and see how you can help as a volunteer,
Slow down your pace in life and try to recognize those who you can help..... and reach out and help us "Make A Difference."

What we hope to accomplish as a family: To buy many BIG bags of lollipops and attach a piece of paper to each that say, "The Mathison Family and Friends Annual Make A Difference Day 2010." And knock on all of our neighbors doors to share love and kindness to others. Starting out with something simple but just as profound, since the kids are still little. Wanting to help them know that they too can help and serve and make a difference with Caleb too. And as they get older we hope to make it more elaborate and give more of our time.

Thank you for taking on this challenge with our family, it will give us much strength to bear such a difficult day knowing that we have many friends and family standing with us to help us Make A Difference with Caleb.
Much Love to you all, The Mathison Family

5 comments:

  1. Caleb, today I have thought of you as I have done small acts of kindness. Letting people in front of me at the school drop off, holding the elevator at the doctor's office, I given my children an extra long hug all for you. Thanks for letting us make a little difference on the first Make a Difference with Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mathison Family, I am from Utah and heard about this on facebook, and then cried as I read through your blog. I am so sorry for your loss. I think it's amazing that you are turning it into a positive! After reading this we decided to buy some groceries for a family in need! We can't take them until Saturday, but are doing it in the name of Make A Difference day 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric and Tanya....what an amazing idea! I appreciate how much you work to bring blessings to others through your make a difference day. I only saw this today, so tomorrow will me my day to make some differences in honor of a sweet forever young child of God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric and Tanya and family- You are incredible examples to us!! What an awesome way to honor Caleb! I know he is smiling down on you from heaven, very proud of the way you are all making a difference in the lives of so many, with your wonderful examples!

    On Tuesday afternoon, someone made a very careless decision, that was dangerous to my family. I felt extremely frustrated and started complaining to my sister. She simply reminded me, "Ang, it's Make a Difference Day." That was all it took for me to forgive and move on. Thank you for helping me, Caleb!

    On Wednesday, I had visions of doing big things but then I was feeling sick all day. So I tried very hard to have extra patience with my kids, all day long. At one point, one child deleted something important to me, off my IPOD. I almost got mad and then remembered! I hugged her and told her she was way more important to me! Later, my girls secretly folded all the towels and put them away, to do something nice for "Make a Difference Day."

    Thank you all so much for being such great examples to us and making our lives better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't forget to do this but have been out of town so wasn't able to write down our thoughts. We love your family and thank you for all of your example in Make a Difference Day. We took the challenge and I watched a child for a woman I barely knew that needed help so she could bring her child to Primary Children's. Also, I made cinnamon rolls for a neighbor just to brighten her day. Everyday will be make a difference day, every little bit helps and we will definitely honor Caleb next year specifically on those 2 days.

    ReplyDelete