~~We LOVE The Gospel Of Jesus Christ~~

______________________________________________

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Our Miracle Month...



Dear Caleb,
I can't believe that we are only going on the third month since you graduated from this world, because it seems like so much longer then that. My body hurts and aches nonstop everyday, just reminding me in everyway that life will never be the same again.... and how could it? Without your physical presence here, it is so hard, and so very weird to not have you near to hug and squeeze, and kiss you goodnight. I miss doing our neat handshake that we made up each night, as I would tuck you into bed. I miss having your cars and toys laying around to trip over. I miss having you get Monety out of bed each morning and turning on PBS kids for the girls. The hurt and ache are so strong most days, that trying to move through life without you just brings me to tears. I have just wished and prayed to know that you are still near us, because we so desparately still need you, our Buddy Boy.
(Of which the Lord was mindful of my prayer, and answered it this month.) This is how he answered us:
This summer while being in Nauvoo after your Baptism, I placed our small red samsung camera in the diaper bag, because the memory was all full. Later, I remember taking it out as I digging for a toy for Montey to play with. And as we were unpacking once we got home I could not find that small read camera anywhere. I didn't worry too much about it at first. Thinking that we would run into it sometime with unpacking, but It never showed. Then the accident happened, and I realized that the ONLY pictures we had from your 8th birthday was on that camera. I felt So sick to my stomach. We had NO pictures of you turning 8. Pictures mean the world to me, and to loose your last birthday year, made my head swirl. I could not believe that I would not have those memories for the rest of my life. I called the visitors centers, all the hotels, for months and still no one had seen the small red camera. It had been 4 long months,and the chances of finding that camera was very slim on my own. I didn't know where to find it, but I knew the Lord did. And to find this camera would mean the world to me, just to have those non-replacable memories back would bring me so much comfort.
It was a Sunday night when we watched the movie "The Prince of Egpyt." And there was a song that said "There can be miracles, when you believe..." And that night I prayed ever so hard, that somehow, that someway, the Lord would help bring this camera back to me.
The next Morning I thought to check the bags and backpacks that we took, that we had already check many, many times. They were always empty because we have already unpacked everything months ago. As I went to zip open the back pack carrier, out flew our small read samsung camera. Both Eric and I have looked through that back pack and it was not there before. It was a PURE MIRACLE, that's all there is to it.
Caleb I know that you were always very mindful of us. You never liked to see anyone hurting. So I would like to think that it must have been you that picked up our camera, and placed it in a spot that you knew we would find it. And we can not thankyou enough for bring this miracle into our lives, to let us know that you ARE there and that you are STILL with us.
I DO believe in miracles, and know that they can and will happen when we believe, even if something has been lost for 4months. The Lord is so mindful of what we need to help us heal, and feel his love. I will ever be so grateful for this miracle in our family's life.
We Love you Caleb, Love your Mommy

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful miracle you have experienced. I strongly believe that Caleb IS still VERY near you and always will be! Thanks for sharing this touching, personal story. We love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Caleb- Last night we went to Lost in Fun for Allies 4th birthday. Last time we were all there was for Liahonas bday. I know Dylan missed playing with you there. Your mom and dad kept him busy though. Your parents are amazing people, they love you and your sisters and brother so much. They are good examples to us. We miss you so much buddy boy! We are thankful for the everyday miracles that help us remember that Heavenly Father lives and is mindful of us. Thanks for helping your mom find that camera! This month will be hard for us since we're moving from Nebraska, but we are excited to be close to you in Washington. We love you dude!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful that you were able to find the camera!!!! Your strength is amazing to me. Keep pressing forward. I have a sign on my wall that quotes the scripture "Doubt not, Fear not!" Somehow this brings peace to me maybe it will to you also. I love you and pray for your family daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift from Caleb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great miracle! I'm glad you will have those pictures to cherish. It's nice to know miracles can and do happen when we especially need them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a miracle!!! I am so happy that you were able to find your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great story. Thanks for sharing. I'm happy that you have those precious pictures.

    ReplyDelete