~~We LOVE The Gospel Of Jesus Christ~~

______________________________________________

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Caleb's Corner

We went to Caleb's Corner (the crash site), this Monday for family night. Something that I have been feeling the need to go and do, but didn't have strength to do it until now. It was named by our best friends, which are our Nebraska cousins, The Draper Family. Our 4 kids have done everything with them and their 4 kids since we moved here. It's not every often when you find a family where there is one friend for each of your children. We have been greatly blessed.
Going to Caleb's Corner was very awkward needless to say. As we got closer you could feel everyone's anxiety, as silence filled our car, not even a peep from Montey. There is just over 1/4 of a mile that I do not remember driving from the accident. There was one part before that when I was driving with Caleb where I had deja vu. I had seen a person's tall ranch sign before, like I had been to that place before, which I had not. I had slight hopes this past Monday, that perhaps I would remember that rest of that road, but that was not to be. Eric says that it was part of my body's defence mechanism. It still drives me crazy not knowing what really happened. Perhaps someday it will come back to me.

Here is the cross and flowers that we got in honor of Caleb. We noticed that 2 bunches of yellow flowers were already there when we arrived, which really touched and warmed our hearts. There is no place like Nebraska, the people here are amazingly kind and thoughtful.


Here is us at Caleb's Corner.


This was actually a mistake picture that was taken, but I love it. It has the feeling of all three of our spirits together, Caleb's cross, and the shadow of Eric and I. Not to mention the three trees in the background.


Thanks for all your continued love and support. We appreciate all your prayers, we can feel them carrying us each day. As we know that this strength is not our own, but is from the Lord above. We could NOT continue living each day if it were not for his loving grace. This is so hard to carry from day to day, but we know that he is making it a little easier and a little lighter for us. In which we are ever so grateful. So THANK YOU for the very much NEEDED prayers, Love The Mathison's

5 comments:

  1. Oh Tanya and Eric, it would be difficult to go out to that location. Glad you are able to have a place that you can go to as a memorial to Caleb. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya & Fam:

    Thank you for sharing those pics. Please know that I and the family think of you all daily and pray for you as well. We love you and are always here for you!!

    Sending LOTS of Love & Prayers,
    ~Mandi & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Dear Mathisons, Im so glad yopu guys were able to go out there. Its another step in the healing process. ITs a long process, and hard for us, but I know Caleb is happy and anxiously waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know you but am a good friend of Amy. I have been touched by your story. I'm so glad you have family and friends and the Lord to help you through this trial. You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the pictures...the flowers were beautiful! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete